The Living Stones Women’s Ministry is a group of Christian women who meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. for a time of fellowship, prayer, and discussion.
Our Book Studies So Far
We also have periodic social and mission/ service activities.
When I first had my girls, I belonged to a circle of women with young children from my church, and I really valued our time together. This group disbanded, though, so I started Living Stones in February 2014 to give moms with young children a place to come in the midst of the busyness of our lives to be fed and filled by the Holy Spirit each time we meet.
Any woman who feels she might benefit spiritually and emotionally from this ministry is welcome to come and check it out to see if it meets her needs. Please bring your children and let them be part of the experience! Several people have told me that they are hesitant to come because they know their kids are noisy or likely to run around during the meetings. I want our meetings to be life-filled spaces where mothers talk, laugh, and share their hearts; where babies are fed, changed, and soothed; and where young children play, laugh, and generally run us ragged, because that’s just what they do! We’re in it together when we are here at Living Stones.
Please contact me, Andria Kaskey, at email@example.com with any questions!
- The Ministry of Motherhood: Following Christ's Example in Reaching the Hearts of Our Children, by Sally Clarkson
- A Woman's Wisdom: How the Book of Proverbs Speaks to Everything, by Lydia Brownback
- Workshop based on Unplug the Christmas Machine, by Jo Robinson and Jean C. Staeheli
- The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Communication to Your Mate, by Gary Chapman
- What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways, by Lysa TerKeurst
- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays, by Elizabeth George
- Searching for Sunday, by Rachel Held Evans
Our Mission Activities So Far
- Clothing donations for City Team in Chester, PA
- Birthday bags/boxes donated to Presbyterian Children's Village in Rosemont, PA
- Orphan Day 5K in Ridley Creek State Park
- Letter writing to a member's mother
- Inspirational projects for a young woman returning from rehab
- Contributions for a fund-raising walk for ALS
- Blanket donations for Media Food Bank clothing closet
- Personal Care Kits for the Media Food Bank
Our Social Events So Far
- Herbal remedies workshop at Tyler Arboretum
- Media Farmers' Market meet up
- Dining Under the Stars at Ariano in Media, PA
- Dinner at Fresco and Delco Story Slam at Burlap and Bean in Newtown Square, PA
- Coffee at Seven Stones Cafe in Media, PA